The 28-year-old marksman signed on a season-long loan from Monaco with a view to a permanent deal, with United paying a loan fee of £6million but a package totalling £16.4m including the striker’s £200,000-a-week wages. But the debt Falcao feels he must repay is to United manager Louis van Gaal for showing so much faith in him.LIVE: THE LATEST FROM MAN UTD VS QPR
“It’s a massive challenge but I’ve played in four different countries and I have always been able to adapt,” he says. “The pace of the Premier League doesn’t concern me, I will adapt.
“I have my own expectations. I don’t feel under pressure. I have confidence in my ability and confidence to score goals.”
That doesn’t mean he will be necessarily calm beneath the confident exterior as he makes his way out on to the pitch with the famous No 9 shirt on his back.
“I feel like a child,” he says. “I’m excited. There is something special about pulling on the famous shirt for the first time. I rarely suffer from nerves but it will be a fantastic feeling walking out in front of those supporters for the first time.”
There are a number of factors which attracted Falcao to United including the lure of tradition. “I want to be part of the history at this club. I’m only focused on being a success,” he add. “England is the home of football and to be part of that and the history of the game gives me enormous confidence going forward.”

No comments:
Post a Comment